Earlier this week I was listening to Tom Bilyeu discussing “how to gain control of your time” with Laura Vanderkam on Impact Theory. Laura Vanderkam is the bestselling author of time management books such as What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast, Off The Clock, and 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think.
Newly published this year is Laura Vanderkam’s latest book, Juliet’s School of Possibilities: A Little Story About the Power of Priorities, which takes her collected wisdom about time-control and turns it into a memorable and engaging fable.
Her 2016 TED talk, “How to Gain Control of Your Free Time,” has been viewed more than 5 million times.
Impact Theory: Tom Bilyeu in Conversation with Laura Vanderkam
Here is the video of Tom Bilyeu in conversation with Laura Vanderkam on Impact Theory. It contains some great tips about how to get control of your time so that you have time to pursue what’s important to you – projects such as building your online business for example!
Watch the video and then see how much you absorbed by scrolling down for my list of key questions about the tips that are packed into the video…
- What can you do if you want to get more done AND squeeze maximum enjoyment from your life? [3:34]
- How can you deepen your sense of pleasure and have better memories by manipulating your perception of time? [4:48]
- How can you stop feeling as if you “lack” time? [6:44]
- You can see what people value by how they spend their time [8:30]
- How can you make sure you do the things that matter to you? [9:01]
- What are micro-memoirs and why do you need to construct your memories with intention? [10:27]
- How can you be more aware of the present moment to appreciate your life more fully? [12:07]
- How do you develop your priorities? [13:35]
- Why is “168 hours” the key to changing your perspective about how much time you have? [15:04]
- How can you stop feeling guilty about how you spend your time [16:03]
- How is it that most people feel as if they “lack” time? [17:39]
- How did Laura Vanderkam change they way she thought about the middle of the week? How can it can help you get more out of your time? [18:31]
- What are the 3 categories on Laura Vanderkam’s To Do List? [19:20]
- How does having a list of 100 dreams help you get clear about how you should be spending your time? [20:42]
- How can planning your time help you get more done? [22:06]
- What should you do to avoid overwhelming yourself with your to-do list? [23:04]
- How did Laura Vanderkam became interested in time management and productivity in the first place? [24:39]
- When does Laura Vanderkam keep a time diary and how does it help her with her work-life balance? [25:40]
- How can you maintain an abundant perspective on time and stay focused at the same time? [26:56]
- How did a small tweak to his notification settings change Tom Bilyeu’s life? [28:36]
- What are the universal truths about creating more memorable experiences? [30:13]
- How is people’s perception of time related to the activities they do in that time? [30:57]
- What’s the difference between fun that requires effort versus no effort? [32:30]
- Why did Laura Vanderkam write a book about productivity and time management in the form of a fable? [33:31]
- What impact does Laura Vanderkam want to have in the world? [35:36]